All's fair in love and. . . bras

Pet Peeve #1: Competitive Bra-ing

I love to browse the ABTF forum, but honestly - there is so much bad advice! 

#1 A person writes, "I'm in Canada, where should I buy ABTF from?" 

Obviously, anyone can respond (E.g., the marketing department from various department stores...), but I've noticed usually the response will be - the most expensive store online to buy bras! Like, WTH? 

Or another place that is not a very reliable source (sometime it is, and sometimes it's not...) is reddit braswap, and/or the bratabase listings. Now, I love bratabase - but the reality is: any person off the street can make an account (so use with caution!) Obviously, the same can be said of reddit - anyone can make an acct!

It's more reliable to buy from an Ebay seller with hundreds of 5-star ratings, which makes me wonder if the people who give this advice (a.k.a, "Shop at most-expensive-boutique-only") are just wanting to get all of the good Ebay deals themselves. . . you know, bury the competition! Lol. 

Pet Peeve #2 Overpriced items on bratabase and/or braswap 

I'm going to refrain from blanketly referring new ABTF forum peeps to bratabase and braswap, only b/c I've noticed equivalent items (that are NWT even) can be found on Ebay from highly rated sellers for less money than used items on braswap. 

For example, today: I was searching one of my favourite brands on Ebay, and I found an Ebay seller with 100% reviews (on over 800+ sales) that was selling a very reasonably priced, NWT bra in my size, #score. 

All things considered, I'd much rather have NWT! The only exception would be - if it was someone I interacted with on btb, they just wore an item a couple of times and it didn't work for them - okay, I would consider purchasing a very lightly worn item at a reduced price, if it was a style that I really wanted.

Otherwise, it's underwear, people, underwear! The way some people on ABTF encourage newbies to spend $200 on a Katherine Hamilton bra because they happened to be 26G...WHY?!? 

I mean, if someone is a wealthy, well-established surgeon then go for it. But it just seems like for most women, it is totally impractical. Don't you want to be able to spoil your grandkids one day? Invest wisely, that's all I'm saying...

The reality is: there are ways to #treatyourself with more reasonably priced items. Especially in the year 2021....Expensive doesn't necessarily mean good quality. Yes, and no. Sometimes you get what you pay for, and other times - an item was just expensive and still poorly constructed - Looking at you, Katherine Hamilton brand of bras! 

#3 Scam retailers









Comments