The Katherine Hammie Spammies

Katherine Hamilton 2016 Collection  why are there always these weird wrinkles? note: you might want to lower the music on this video, I find it annoying. 

I find this profile to be unflattering, where one's breasts are pushed *down* instead of supported and in a more natural shape, I find this shape to be unnatural...like the cups are both too small and too big at the same time. 

As taken from this "Bra Fitting Help" from bratabase, "When an unlined bra is too shallow, it creates that wrinkling on the side (inner or outer) because your breasts are pushing it to the limits, projection-wise" 


Also, WTH is with this leopard print with Little House on the Prairie Lace? Also, those cups are definitely not projected enough for this women, it gives a really unflattering boob shape. For $180 you can have ugly shaped boobs? No thank you. Her breasts look essentially unsupported. 


The following comment is taken from reddit, let me link the thread here. Sometimes I think that these comments are written by Katy herself.  Either that or the KH marketing department! 

"I am completely in love with this bra. KH makes the most luxurious, beautifull [sic], classically elegant bras that are also comfortable and feel like your boobs are lovingly tucked into a silk blanket by two angels. No exaggeration at all. I'm IN LOVE I want this brand to grow lol." 

You feel like "your boobs are lovingly tucked into a silk blanket by two angels. . ." that is such a weird...phrase. 

TBH, I think this review is more realistic from bratabase. She writes, "The gore is far too high and wide for me. The cups are too wide and are slightly shallow. Not enough to make them unprojected, just less projected than I personally need. I'd say it's great for the average width and average projection." [emphasis mine] More description," The wires slide down on me and the upper cups dig into my roots, creating quadboob on both sides. The straps are halfway adjustable, I have them almost fully extended, this bra could not accommodate someone taller or lower set than me. The straps are also [sic] and super wide set for me. I can handle wide set straps most of the time by angling them in. But that amplified the pain from the plastic loops on my tail of spence, completing the trifecta of torture that Katherine calls a bra (Straps, gore, cup width)." 


Well, that's interesting. At least now I am beginning to understand why the cups looks so bad on so many full-bust people - they lack projection. Here is a photo from KH social media. Also, the gore doesn't tack. Here is a link to that. 


Also, what kind of annoys me about the Katherine Hamilton is that she uses sex to sell her product. Not unlike the nemesis of the bra-fitting community, Victoria's Secret (although they are now trying to "rebrand" but I think it is too little too late, lol.) E.g., you can tell from the above YouTube video, (again I would turn down the music, I find it annoying) you barely get a clear shot of the bra itself! The same goes with her Instagram page, which isn't really fit focused: I have more clear shots of the model's face than I do of the bra - I'm just going to come out and say it: I think that is purposefully done. As you can see in the still shots, the bras do not fit well, and I wouldn't trust any airbrushed or photoshopped pictures. 

Also, what is with this picture on the KH Instagram page...do I even need to describe the fit issue? This bra is clearly unwearable for this poor woman. 

The gore tacks right on her breast tissue, and this is one of her major design flaws. Because a person who *has* a small back and fuller bust *is not going to have room* for a large gore. 

To summarize the obvious: I am very critical of the Katherine Hamilton brand. Their advertising is very "sex sells" and I find that annoying. I don't think they are focused on fit. They promote the brand as "luxury" but then people complain about how scratchy and uncomfortable the bras are. The design of the bra seems incompatible with people who have medium-sized bust measurements and small backs.

One further review, Bosom Galore Classique. Bosom Galore is the brand's name before they switched it to Katherine Hamilton. I think her criticisms remain regarding the design, "The cups are also nowhere near projected enough for me at the bottom… I think it would work better for someone with either wider roots or overall shallower breasts than I have. If your breasts only have center fullness and are not too close set, this style could work for you. There are side support panels inside of the cups, but I don’t find that they do much." 


Comments