Support vs. Uplift

I'm attaching a link to Les Gros Bonnets (directly translated it means Big Hats, but it's also a French idiom that means "the important people.") which is an interesting discussion of Support v. Uplift. 

https://lesgrosbonnets.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/support-versus-uplift/

Even though I'm not familiar with two of the bras she mentions, I totally understand what she is saying: the Panache Tango is supportive, but it doesn't provide uplift. Case in point, the Tango from Bratabase.com  https://www.bratabase.com/browse/panache/tango-ii-balconnet-bra-3251/

It's a popular bra that's been sold for a long time in many different colourways, so I'm not going to criticize it! 

And then there are the bras that provide a lot of UPLIFT, which might be okay in certain situations, not running a marathon, but for certain outfits and what not - if you're comfortable to sacrifice some support. 

E.g., the first bra I purchased outside of matrix bra sizes - it was a shape mismatch - but it did provide uplift due to the cups having vertical seams. However, when I walked around I had a bit of jiggle to my upper breast tissue, so I wouldn't say it was the most supportive, rip curvy kate bra. 

The most important situation to have the most support - sports bras!! 

Comments