re: ethically made (Part 1)

Redditer 1: "Hi, I'm looking for something not made in a sweat shop?" 

Redditer 2: "I recommend [____] brand." (made in China) 

Me: "[______] brand is made in China." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It reminds me of the flair this person has on r/ffacj (I took the quote from this thread ) 


From the organic ethical side of the 3rd world country factory. that's a joke. 

The issue with "ethically made" : even in first-world countries (I'll use the example of my own country, Canada) Under the best of situations there are issues actually enforcing labour laws. So, to recommend something from a country that is well-known for having sweatshops in the garment industry?? 

See meme below. 



As a side note, it's terrible how women are to each other on the internet!! Example, I tried to correct someone, "Hey, 'made in China' is not going to be ethically -made.'" 

Redditor response: logical fallacy Ad hominin attack. 

Instead of coming back with a comment like, "sorry, I didn't know [brand] was made in China!" 



Comments