"I personally have no idea why Freya, Panache and other brands like this are considered the standard, besides the fact that they carry larger sizes."

I don't remember my full measurements but basically I'm a 34F/FF. I've tried on fifty or sixty bras at this point and been "fitted" in three different boutique shops. The size is not the problem, it's the shape. Close set, narrow roots, projected. Plunges stab me in the armpits and balconettes stab me in between my boobs. Wireless doesn't offer enough support and basically either squashes the girls down or lets them jiggle all over the place. I have a few bras that seem to work in the store but after wearing it for an hour I want to scream, because as soon as I start moving around, I'm getting poked somewhere. At least my boob hats are comfortable. I even tried 32 bands with an extender, but the extender causes it's own problems and the straps dig into my shoulders. Am I doomed?


Quote taken from this thread on reddit's A Bra That Fits forum, add me to the ranks of the confused and frustrated, why are bras that "fit" so uncomfortable? 

I understand that Panache and Freya are available with next-day shipping in many (most?) place in the U.S., but I think every store needs a combination of brands. French, European (e.g., Prima Donna), Polish, UK, and American brands (e.g., Natori, which fits the 30D UK peeps!) Technically Cosabella owned by Swiss Group CALIDA, but I digress. 

In case you were wondering, the comments on this thread just get better. 


Lol. The "unsexy granny" comment. 😂 Freya used to do really cute stuff though; I think they've declined in their cuteness. If you look at some of BrasIHate's posts from 10+ years ago, you can see how much cuter their designs used to be. Elomi still has some decent aesthetics, IMO. Even though Freya and Elomi are owned by the same co. 





Hm, I mean definitely this girl needs to move on from the Freya and Panache. There are hundreds of bra brands out there. 

Comments